Monday, March 22, 2010

Guest Blogger Series - Wendy

Happy Monday morning, MCB fans! Check out what Friday, March 19 was like through the eyes of company member Wendy Langton.

Just a reminder that we are now TWO Fridays away from performing "Ballets That Rock" in Moberly and THREE Saturdays away from "LIVE" at the Missouri Theatre! Check out our website for more details.

Hello all, hope you are enjoying the blogging. I am especially hoping for and looking forward to video footage of Karen's victory of I Win :)

Friday was a wonderful day, filled with lots of productivity and laughter. The morning started off same as usual, with a night of too little sleep due to school (being a full-time student doesn’t mix well with sleep) but was looking up by the time I got to the studio thanks to my good friend Diet Pepsi :). After Sean’s class we got to work all day with Karen on her new ballet Desperate Measures.

It’s always a fun process to watch a piece come about, and I especially enjoy the MCB atmosphere of collective creativity. A lot of my background and experience has been with restaging classical ballets so it’s always a treat to do something where I get to see the creation of a piece. The thought processes that each choreographer goes through and how they like to construct their pieces always fascinates me, so that was an especially enjoyable aspect of the day.

My favorite thing about the day, though, and Desperate Measures was definitely the way each character was given enough depth to feel like a real person. It gives each dancer a lot to work with and express, which is both a challenge and a pleasure. I am playing the role of a detective, which gives me an excellent reason to watch CSI and Law and Order-research purposes! The day went by quickly and before I knew it it was three! Yet another excellent day in the my life. :)

No comments: