Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Guest Blogger Series - Sean

Check out a day in the life (Monday, March 22, to be exact) of MCB associate artistic director/ballet master Sean France!

Hey Everybody,
This is my first time blogging anywhere! My first thought was how do I start a blog? What is the blog protocol? I decided to just make it up myself as usual.

Dateline yesterday- My day started early. Monday's and Friday's are my company class teaching days. The beginning and the end of the week. During class dancers sometimes needed to run to the bathroom, and I thought to myself, are my combinations giving them the runs? Is it something with my musicality? These thoughts run rampant through my head.

After class my beautiful wife Erin arrived with our son Cordin, now officially completing both the oldest and youngest members of MCB. Cordin is 5 1/2 months and is not dancing yet.

Before I could blink. The schedule arrived. Karen is on a mission- COMPLETE THE BALLET'S! The first part of the day we finished the duet with Nando and G-boom (Fernando and Genene). Absolutely wonderful work! Onto the Desperate Measures, a ballet filled with interesting characters. The time flew by so fast as we worked out the smallest details in hopes that they would tell the story that we are trying to tell, and I think it's working very very well. Then it was 3:00, and that's my whole blog for today!

May the force be with you. Live long and prosper. Til' next time.

No comments: