Thursday, March 18, 2010

Guest Blogger Series - Genene!

MCB has been very busy getting ready for its upcoming performances in Moberly (Ballets That Rock) and Columbia (the 2nd annual LIVE) in addition to holding lecture demonstrations at Blue Ridge and Cedar Ridge elementary schools in Columbia!

As a new twist for our fans to get an "inside look" at the company, we would like to introduce a Guest Blogger series. Each dancer in addition to Karen, Sean, and Shannon will chronicle a day in their life both in and out of the studio. Please enjoy the first entry by company member Genene McGrath! This is what her life looked like on Wednesday, March 17, St. Patrick's Day!

It’s Genene here to tell you a little about my day! Yesterday was a great day, I woke up at 6:30 in order to make my breakfast and lunch and get ready for the day. I love to watch the today show with my morning coffee. Then it was time for the gym. After the gym I got ready to take Karen’s contemporary/jazz/modern class.

After class we continued to work on Karen’s duet for our “Live” show. This duet is about a guy, Fernando, that is in love with a girl, me ☺, who doesn’t want to let herself love him. So she pushes him away but she ends up falling for him because he is just so irresistible. There are three sections of this piece, the first two are solos and then the last is both of us, which was the section that we worked on yesterday. It was a blast to be able to work through this with Karen, Sean and Fernando. Most of the day was trying to figure out lifts, which is a lot of fun but very tiring. Most of the time experimenting with lifts ends with something beautiful but before the beautiful lift is there, there is normally a fall or head bumps and laughs. The day was mostly spent on, above, over, or wrapped about Fernando. I had to change shirts halfway through the day because I had all of his sweat all over me! This piece is very sensual which brings up very funny moments during its creation. Make sure you come to “Live” so you can see the final product!

The rest of my day was not as exciting. I went home and made dinner and head right to work at Outback Steakhouse. Nothing really too great there, other then steak!

I hope you all enjoyed my day! Look out for the next guest blogger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my wife. :)

Ness said...

aw sounds like a lovely day! being wrapped all around a cute guy! hehe