Sunday, March 28, 2010

Guest Blogger Series - Constanza aka "Z"

Newest company member Constanza Murphy tells you about her Friday, March 26!

Its been a productive week!

My Friday started out with the usual morning rituals, check facebook and hotmail and balletalert. Had a quick chat with my husband Paul on facebook while downing several cups of coffee before looking out the window and seeing a dry, sunny morning-a great day for a morning walk to class! Caught up with Paul on the phone after his morning workout while on my way to the studio, then had a nice relaxing warmup. Sleeping Beauty music played through my head as my body worked through the motions of Therapeutic Barre, a leftover ritual from my days at my home studio and the very best way to get ready for class.

It was a good day to dance because my hamstring finally stopped hurting and my back decided to be very bendy. After class, we jumped in on a very motivated rehearsal. Karen is on a quest to get the new ballet done! While waiting for my entrance in the final section I had to remind myself of the massive amount of new choreography we learned Thursday with Shannon, who was also on a (successful) ballet-finishing quest. After kicking people off the couch several times, we got quite a bit set and I took up residence on the couch. Desperate Measures is almost finished!

A journalist from the Tribune joined us for the last part of rehearsal and stayed to talk with the dancers while we cleaned up the studio. We impressed upon him the importance of the mystery in the murder mystery, so no, he will not give away any secrets!

The walk home was very hot and sunny, I think I have a slight sunburn now, but I did find several pennies. This always makes me happy. I don't know why, they're just pennies. Then came my favorite post-ballet ritual. Samples run! Hy-Vee always has spectacular samples.
Its been a great week at MCB, and now its time for a great weekend of photo shoots and hot dog tastings. And a lot of rest, because next week, showtime in Moberly!